Monday, March 19, 2012

Assignment #5 | Portrait - B&W - Resubmission

After submitting my Black & White photo's for this assignment, I had a very difficult time feeling that I had accomplished my full potential for this assignment. I wanted to display the way my mother's smile makes everyone around her smile. The first submission, I didn't quite capture her full smile. It was posed. So, I followed her down to feed our horses. I was stunned at how many great shots I got of her just doing her thing. It was nearly impossible to chose just one.



Now that is our horse Sissy and my marvelous mother.

I know that a horse probably isn't what you were thinking to qualify for a portrait, but it is a portrait of my horse Tinkerbelle. This picture means so much to me. A few years ago, Tink's mother Ellie (our other horse) was in this exact spot, only The middle pole was not there. Some lightning scared Ellie which made her kick up her legs lodging one of her hooves all the way down in between the two poles. Ellie tugged and tugged, causing the muscles and skin to tear away from her ankle. By the time my mother found her, She had lost too much blood and had to be put down by the vet. Tink stands here almost every time I go see her. I wonder if she remembers; she was there when it happened.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ali! I've been looking at your photos and I think you're a great photographer! I'm a student at BYU, and I was wondering if you might be interested in a little bit of practice? I'm in need of some engagement photos. Would you be interested?
    Please email me at wordpainter81@yahoo.com or text me at 940-391-1894.
    Thanks!
    Krista

    ReplyDelete